On Tuesday 24 July Dr Dorian Jones presented a summary of the AeroGust project at the Royal Aeronautical Society Future of Aerodynamics Conference in Bristol. The audience consisted of aerodynamics researchers, practitioners and programme managers from worldwide academia, industry and research establishments including NASA.
The presentation covered five main themes:
- Motivation for the project
- Nonlinear time domain gust simulations
- Reduced Order Modelling for gusts
- Reduced reliance on wind tunnel data
- Uncertainty quantification of aeroelastic systems with structural or aerodynamic nonlinearities
The full presentation can be downloaded here.